We provide professional written appraisals of musical instruments to meet a variety of needs.
- Fair market value to sell an instrument
- Insurance replacement valuation
- Estate evaluations
- Legal proceedings
- Tax credits for donations
- Any other situation that requires a professional determination of value
Email Appraisal – You send us information via email and we send you back a formal appraisal in .pdf form via email, and/or copies by physical mail. The more detailed you are, the more effective your appraisal will be. We will respond within 48 hours on average.
To arrange an email appraisal we need the following information:
- The serial number, age, model and brand name of the instrument. If you don’t know all of this information, please provide as much as possible.
- If the instrument includes bocals, include the bocal makers names, the models, and the metal if other than silver.
- Describe special features of the instrument: extra keys, inscriptions, damage, special aspects.
- Tell us about the case and case cover.
- We require at least four good, clear, focused photos of the instrument which you can send via email. Please limit photo sizes to under 5 MBs each. We will adjust, resize, crop and finish the photos – just make them as clear and focused as possible. We cannot use blurry, or unclear photos.
- Photo 1: The instrument in its case, without any case cover. Center the instrument and include the entire case in the photo.
- Photo 2: The serial number and makers name or makers marks
- Photo 3: The front of the instrument fully assembled. You can lay the instrument on a bed or carpet for best effect.
- Photo 4: The back of the instrument fully assembled.
- Additional photos are welcome, if needed, to adequately show your instrument.
What Does An Email Appraisal Cost?
The cost is $75.00 per instrument. We will email you an invoice for the appraisal. The invoice will come through PayPal and can be paid using any major credit card or PayPal. You don’t need to be a PayPal member to use this method. If you need further assistance with this, please call us at (603) 356-9890. Each appraisal includes an emailed .pdf copy of the appraisal in digital form. We retain the digital form indefinitely if you ever need to have us resend it. By request we will send two physical copies of the appraisal by regular mail at no additional cost. Please provide a mailing address if you choose this added option.
This is when you bring your instrument(s) to our shop, or have our appraiser visit you at your location. Generally, appraisals can be completed with 72 hours of the visit. Click to email us or call us at (603) 356-9890 and either set up an appointment to come in, or request that we visit you. Visits are ordinarily made only when many instruments are being appraised at one time, and will incur travel expenses if over 30 miles from our location in the Mount Washington Valley area of New Hampshire.
What Does An In-Person Appraisal Cost?
The cost is $75.00 per instrument. Each appraisal includes an emailed .pdf copy of the appraisal in digital form. We retain the digital form indefinitely if you ever need to have us resend it. By request we will provide two physical copies of the appraisal at no additional cost.