The Rigotti removable mandrel and handle set for professional results. Easily work your bassoon reed and then remove it from the handle to set aside and dry while you go on to the next one!
This kit is for those who might wish to make their own base, or don’t want a base. This kit includes 6 mandrels and a handle. The pins are made to fit the comfortable hardwood handle which is fluted to reduce rolling. Brass hardware ensures long life and accuracy. The handle is approximately 4″ (100mm) in total length and is made to accept mandrels with 1/4″ (6mm) inserts.
Specs for the aluminum mandrel pins:
- Overall length: 70mm
- Tip length: 33mm
- Distance from tip to first notch: 26mm
- Distance to second notch: 28mm
- Distance to third notch: 31mm
- Width at tip 3.8mm
- Width at first notch: 5.3mm
- Width at second notch: 5.4mm
- Width at third notch: 5.6mm
Made in France by Rigotti.