This kit includes 6 removable mandrels, matching handle and matching base for professional results.
Work your bassoon reed, remove the reed and tip from the handle and place it in the matching base to dry while you go on to the next one. The tips are made to fit the comfortable hardwood handle which is fluted to reduce rolling. Brass hardware ensures long life and accuracy. The handle is approximately 4″ (100mm) in total length and is made to accept mandrels with 1/4″ (6mm) inserts.
Specs for the aluminum mandrel tips:
- Overall length: 70mm
- Tip length: 33mm
- Distance from tip to first notch: 26mm
- Distance to second notch: 28mm
- Distance to third notch: 31mm
- Width at tip 3.8mm
- Width at first notch: 5.3mm
- Width at second notch: 5.4mm
- Width at third notch: 5.6mm
The finely crafted hardwood base will accept up to 18 removable mandrel tips which can also be purchased separately.
- Overall length 4 1/2″(116mm)
- Width 2 1/4″ (57mm)
- Height: 1/3″ (9mm)
Made in France by Rigotti.